Uncomfortable Truths, Unconventional Wisdoms – WASL Security Brief (2016)
The first in our series on policy and practice for mitigating extremism and advancing sustainable development, this brief presents women’s perspectives on four key areas: (1) security concerns for civilians and civil society organizations; (2) experiences and engagement with local police; (3) outreach to militias and experiences of de- radicalization work; and (4) perspectives on international military and security presence and interventions.
Drawn from consultations with more than 70 women’s rights and peace practitioners across 15 countries Uncomfortable Truths, Unconventional Wisdoms offers critical lessons to inform international and national policies and interventions. It also touches on their own efforts in addressing state and non-state military and security actors.
- Arabic Release of “Uncomfortable Truths, Unconventional Wisdoms: Women’s Perspectives on Violent Extremism and Security Interventions”
- Press Release: Launch of the Global Solutions Exchange
- WASL Security Brief (2016) – Arabic Version
- Announcing the Establishment of a Global Civil Society Platform Dedicated to Preventing Violent Extremism
- Elusive Peace, Pervasive Violence: Sri Lankan Women’s Struggle for Security and Justice. (Spring 2013)