It is with both great sadness and pride that ICAN announces the departure of Sussan Tahmasebi, its Co-Founder and Director of MENA/Asia and Rights Initiative for Solidarity and Equality (RISE) program, as she moves on to pursue the further development of her pioneering work on RISE in the MENA and West Asia regions with a newly established European organization, FEMENA.
The ICAN family will miss Sussan’s commitment to the cause and to our partners. We look forward to continued collaboration, and fully support her courage and leadership in taking RISE to new levels. We wish her every success for the future.
- ICAN co-hosted session at the Stockholm Forum on Peace and Development
- ICAN and partners at the 59th Commission on the Status of Women
- ICAN at the UN Commission on the Status of Women (CSW)
- ICAN Co-Founder Anderlini speaks at FOKUS Conference
- Sussan Tahmasebi speaks at AWID’s Rights Are Universal event at CSW61