The ICAN team seeks a highly motivated Program Intern to work on a range of research, media, and communications tasks. This unpaid fall internship requires a minimum of 20 hrs/week and will run from January to May 2018 with a possibility of extension.
Primary responsibilities may include any of the following:
- Providing content for website and social media accounts;
- Assisting in promotion of ICAN social media, including developing an Instagram account;
- Following conversations (articles, publications, twitter, etc.) on women, peace and security and the MENA/Asia region to share on social media and ICAN websites;
- Creating memes of ICAN Peace Heroes interviews to share on social media;
- Conducting background research for programmatic development and publications;
- Assisting in creating database hosting ICAN partner information and work;
- Providing basic administrative support to ICAN’s programs; and
- Assisting with other activities related to ICAN programs.
Desired Qualifications: graduate students and recent college graduates are invited to apply, current undergraduates may also be considered.
- Strong interpersonal skills and respect for people with other cultures and backgrounds;
- Knowledge of gender, peace and conflict, and Middle East, Africa, and Asia studies;
- Previous experience using WordPress, Squarespace, and social media platforms; and
- Proficiency in Arabic, Farsi, or French strongly preferred.
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
- Program Intern
- Monica Makar
- ICAN and Partners in CSW Event: Gendered Dimensions of Return, Rehabilitation and Reintegration from Violent Extremism
- ICAN and Partners in CSW Panel: The Role of Parliamentarians as Partners in Women, Peace and Security
- What the Women Say: Militarism & Extremism in the MENA/Asia Region