The Better Peace Initiative: Innovative Tools and Practical Framework on the ‘How to’ of Gender Inclusive Mediation
We are excited to partner with the Permanent Missions of Japan and Canada to the UN on this interactive high-level dialogue showcasing our Better Peace Initiative (BPI) framework, and latest animations. Our longtime partner and supporter of BPI, the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) will be moderating the discussion. The event will be held at the Mission of Japan to the UN (866 UN Plaza) on the 2nd of February 2018.
Through the BPI, ICAN develops innovative tools that can be used by diplomats, governments and grassroots peacebuilders to ensure inclusivity and gender sensitivity in peace making. Our short animations on gendered thematic topics that are commonly addressed in peace processes are easily accessible from our website and can be downloaded in multiple languages
This dialogue will provide policy makers, mediation experts, and civil society actors with the opportunity to advise on priority themes for forthcoming tools. We will also share plans on upcoming tailored seminars and capacity building work.
We are incredibly thankful to all our collaborators – the Permanent Mission of Japan to the United Nations, the Permanent Mission of Canada to the United Nations, the UNDP and UN Women!
RSVP: Please RSVP with your name and affiliation by 30 January to firstname.lastname@example.org
- ICAN co-hosts high-level dialogue on inclusion and gender sensitivity in peace making
- ICAN and the Permanent Missions of Canada, the UK, Norway and South Africa to the UN at the Better Peace Symposium
- ICAN co-hosted session at the Stockholm Forum on Peace and Development
- Upcoming event: Women-Led Solutions to Peace
- ICAN and Partners in CSW Event: Gendered Dimensions of Return, Rehabilitation and Reintegration from Violent Extremism