The Iranian NGOs’ Network, a group of more than 150 Iranian charities and NGOs, has published a statement to H.E. Antonio Guterres, Secretary-General of the United Nations, on the sanctions by the U.S. government on Iran. They critique the sanctions and describe the negative impacts the sanctions have on Iranian citizens. The Iranian NGOs’ Network then listed four suggestions for the world to take to support Iranian citizens. They call on the international community and world peacekeepers to safeguard human dignities from any discrimination, help provide access to food and medicine, support the millions of Afghan refugees who also live in Iran, and prevent another humanitarian tragedy in the region.
- Breaking Through The Iron Ceiling: Iran’s New Government And The Hopes Of The Iranian Women’s Movements
- Interview with Parisa Kakaee, Iranian Women and Children’s Rights Activist
- 25 Groups to President Obama: Ensure US sanctions don’t block Iranians from access to food and medecine
- Women’s Rights and the New Iranian President: Free Europe & BBC Radio interview ICAN’s Sussan Tahmasebi
- The War Whisperers, Their Successful Iraq War, And The Targeting Of Iran