Statement of Asian Muslim Action Network (AMAN)
WE STAND TOGETHER FOR RELIGIOUS HARMONY AND TOLERANCE
We, The Asian Muslim Action Network (AMAN), expresses our deepest sadness and concern for all victims of Bombing, recently happened in Colombo Srilanka. It is reported that there were 207 death and around 450 people injured during eight blast hit churches and five star hotels holding Easter services in Sri Lanka on Sunday morning, April 21st 2019 (bussinessstandard.com). Hospitals reported that beside Srilankan died and injured, there are also some foreigners from British, Australia and America affected by bombing.
We, AMAN strongly condemns the horrific blasts in Srilanka, specially the incident was it was intended to target Christian sisters and brothers holding Easter Services in the church and hotel. We believe that there is no single religious text could justify this barbarism, rather this religious-hate motivated action is certainly threatening religious harmony in Srilanka and the world.
- WASL Partner Visaka Dharmadasa’s Efforts to Include More Women in Sri Lanka’s Peacekeeping
- Nobel Women’s Initiative Interviews ICAN Partner Visaka Dharmadasa (Sri Lanka)
- Interview with Visaka Dharmadasa, Association of War Affected Women in Sri Lanka
- Visaka Dharmadasa’s work acknowledged by H.E. the President of UNGA
- Visaka Dharmadasa Responds to ICPPG’s Letter