The ICAN team seeks a highly motivated Program Assistant to work with the Executive Director and Program Officer on a range of research, media, and communications tasks. This internship requires a minimum of 20 hrs/week and will run through Summer 2017 with a possibility of extension.
Primary responsibilities will be as follows:
- Conduct background research for programmatic development and publications;
- Provide drafting and editing support to ICAN publications team;
- Support ICAN website management, including developing the blog function, reorganizing publications and resources for improved accessibility, and updating an existing women, peace, and security timeline;
- Assist in designing and populating the Women’s Alliance for Security Leadership (WASL) website, including gathering information from Alliance members;
- Follow conversations (articles, publications, twitter, etc.) on women, peace and security and the MENA/Asia region to share on social media and ICAN websites;
- Attend relevant events in the DC area: increase ICAN’s visibility by live tweeting, participating in discussions, and networking; and
- Provide basic administrative support as needed.
Desired Qualifications: graduate students and recent college graduates are invited to apply, current undergraduates may also be considered
- Strong interpersonal skills and respect for people with other cultures and backgrounds;
- Knowledge of gender, peace and conflict, and MENA/Asia studies;
- Previous experience using WordPress, Squarespace, and social media platforms; and
- Proficiency in Arabic, Farsi, or French strongly preferred.
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.